Spiced Lamb Koftas
600g lamb mince
2 tbsp Saffron Tree TOGETHER Spice Blend
2 tsp cumin powder
1 x onion, finely chopped
4 x cloves of garlic, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients together into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover and leave to marinate for an hour, or longer if you have time.
- For the best results, leave in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat a griddle pan or your barbecue.
- Shape the koftas into torpedo shapes around skewers. If you have no skewers, shape them into small 60g patties, as we did.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side over a medium heat.
- Serve with flat bread, pickled peppers, tomato salsa and salad.
Koftas are made in lots of different shapes around the world. We used a small patty shape.
If using a wooden skewer, use two skewers so that the kofta is easier to flip and cook. It is also a good idea to soak the wood in water for an hour. The soaking process helps prevent the skewers from burning.
If using a flat metal skewer, oil the skewer prior to using. This prevents the kofta from sticking to the metal.
If you are not using skewers, shape them into small patties.