Cauliflower Wing Pakoras
25g plain flour
1 dessertspoon of Court Bouillon
400g cauliflower florets
1 x Saffron Tree TOGETHER Pakora Blend
100ml water or enough to make a thick batter
Vegetable or sunflower oil for deep frying
- Mix the Court Bouillon and the flour together until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower florets and dust them with the seasoned flour.
- In a separate bowl, put the pakora blend and enough cold water to make a firm batter (about 100ml of water). Whisk well.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the batter mix and stir gently until evenly coated.
- Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oil to 170°C. Use a thermometer if you are not using a deep fat fryer. Do not leave the pan unattended.
- Using an oiled dessertspoon, drop the cauliflower florets into the hot oil and fry for 4 minutes. Use the timer on your phone.
- Drain and serve.
I served the cauliflower with a tomato, onion and fresh coriander salsa, and I dressed the dish with lemon zest and chopped chilli.
Oil your dessertspoon before using it to drop the batter into the fryer. It will help the mixture to slide effortlessly into the oil.
For best results, invest in a deep fat fryer.
Never leave a pan of oil unattended.
If you don’t have a deep fat fryer, use a pan of oil and a thermometer.
Don’t overcrowd the pan – trying to cook lots at once will reduce the temperature of the oil and the results will be disappointing.