One Pot Chicken Pulao
1 tin TOGETHER Spice blend
4 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. natural yogurt
1 tsp. ginger and garlic paste
1 tbsp. coriander, chopped
½ tsp salt
2 green chillies, sliced
2 green cardamoms
1 cinnamon stick/cassia bark
2 dry bay leaves
200gms basmati rice
- Rinse the rice 3 times in cold running water.
Discard the water each time.
Soak for 30 mins.
- Transfer the chicken and the entire contents of The TOGETHER Spice blend into a mixing bowl. Add a tbsp. of oil and mix well. Set aside for 15mins
- Heat 3 tbsp. of oil in a non-stick and heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the spiced chicken and fry on medium-high heat on either side to seal.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the yogurt. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20mins
- Remove the lid after 20mins and continue to simmer until the oil rises to the surface
- Carefully transfer the pieces of chicken onto a tray. Set aside
- To the same pan add 300ml water, ginger and garlic paste, chopped coriander, salt, green chillies, cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, and dry bay leaves. Bring to a boil
- Add the basmati rice and mix gently.
- When 80% of the water has evaporated (use the spatula to carefully move the rice and check) cover and leave it to cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Remove the lid and place the cooked pieces of chicken over the rice.
- Sprinkle a tbsp. of fresh coriander over the chicken. Cover and leave to simmer for 5 more mins.
- Serve with a chilled raita.