500g chicken (diced)
4 medium onions (roughly chopped)
1 tbsp cashew nuts (unroasted)
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground garam masala (check out our recipe!)
3 tbsp. oil
240ml natural yogurt
¾ tsp salt
1tbsp. fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- Shallow fry the onions in a tbsp. oil until light brown.
- Blend the brown onions and cashew nuts to a smooth paste - set aside.
- Marinate chicken in ginger-garlic paste, chilli and turmeric for atleast 15mins.
- Heat oil in a non-stick casserole pan and sauté the marinated chicken on high heat for about 5 mins.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add the onion + cashew paste and salt. Toss well to cook for another 5 mins.
- Lower heat completely and add the yogurt.
- Bring to a slow boil and cook covered for 15 mins.
- Add garam masala and coriander. Mix well.
- Cover and leave to simmer for another 5 mins until oil rises to the surface.