400g can of chickpeas
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 medium tomatoes, blanched, skinned and finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger puree
1 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. chopped coriander
Lemon wedges to serve
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onion. Sauté for a few mins on medium heat until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic puree, fry for a few mins to cook.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes. Mix well. Cover and cook until tomatoes are mushy and the oil separates.
- Add the powdered spices and the chickpeas.
- Mix well to combine. Cover and cook for 10 mins on low heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and lemon wedges.